Since WM Environmental’s inception, we have partnered with Herberts Transport Limited to support their trucking and by-products spreading operations with end-to-end environmental support. The focus of this partnership has always been on facilitating their operations while ensuring Herberts Transport remain 100% compliant with environmental regulations.
Herberts Transport is a rural transport company based in Edendale, Southland operating 20 trucks specialising in carting stock, bulk and general product and sowing. They also cart and distribute products from the dairy industry, including whey. Their operations require compliance with a range of Resource Consents and contractual obligations, each with various monitoring and reporting requirements. WM Environmental has worked alongside the Herberts Transport team to develop streamlined environmental compliance management systems including monitoring databases and reporting frameworks.
Further to this, WM Environmental has also successfully prepared and submitted several Resource Consent applications on behalf of Herberts Transport. Applications have included discharges to land from truck washes and systems for managing dust emissions from their transport yard.
Herberts Transport was recently recognised by Environment Southland in the 2019 Community Awards where they were awarded a Commended Award in the Environmental Leadership and Innovation in Business category. WM Environmental is proud to partner with such a motivated and environmentally-conscious rural trucking firm and we look forward to continuing to support their operations in the environmental space.
Key Services Provided:
- Development of environmental compliance systems, including monitoring databases;
- Routine reporting, including annual compliance reports for Environment Southland and nutrient information for landowners;
- Liaison with Regional Council, third-party landowners and principals on behalf of Herberts Transport in relation to environmental compliance matters;
- Staff training and competency assessments;
- Completion of internal audits for continuous improvement purposes and completing identified audit actions; and
- Preparation of Resource Consent applications for various discharges to land.
Testimonial: Peter Dynes - CEO
Dynes Transport and Herberts Transport have worked with WM Environmental in support of our operations for several years now.
We have been consistently impressed with the quality of their work and with their professional service. They are committed to ensuring our operations are environmentally compliant while also balancing our
operational and financial considerations.
We value our partnership with WM Environmental and look forward to working with them in the future.