As a rural transport company, Herberts’ operations require compliance with a range of Resource Consents and contractual obligations, each with various monitoring and reporting requirements. As well as supporting ongoing compliance requirements, WM Environmental have prepared resource consent applications for a range of activities including Resource Consent to discharge truck wash wastewater to land, Land Use consent to enable a transport yard extension and Resource Consent variations to authorise additional properties to receive dairy liquids.
“Dynes Transport and Herberts Transport have worked with WM Environmental in support of our operations for several years now. We have been consistently impressed with the quality of their work and with their professional service. They are committed to ensuring our operations are environmentally compliant while also balancing our operational and financial considerations.” PETER DYNES, CEO
Herberts Transport was recently recognised by Environment Southland in the 2019 Community Awards where they were awarded a Commended Award in the Environmental Leadership and Innovation in Business category. WM Environmental is proud to partner with such a motivated and environmentally-conscious rural trucking firm and we look forward to continuing to support their operations in the environmental space.
Key Services Provided:
- Development of environmental compliance systems, including monitoring databases;
- Routine reporting, including annual compliance reports for Environment Southland and nutrient information for landowners;
- Liaison with Regional Council, third-party landowners and principals on behalf of Herberts Transport in relation to environmental compliance matters;
- Staff training and competency assessments;
- Completion of internal audits for continuous improvement purposes and completing identified audit actions; and
- Preparation of Resource Consent applications for various discharges to land.